- a snare for catching small game.
- to catch in a springe.
- to set a springe or springes.
Origin of springe
Examples from the Web for springed
Historical Examples of springed
They had wintered it and springed it, and clung to it through bright days and dark.Four Girls and a Compact
Annie Hamilton Donnell
You have springed your dottrel, I find, and what is the consequence?Red Gauntlet
Sir Walter Scott
It was finally concluded by a commission being sent to set out what ought to be springed.The Vale of Lyvennet
John Salkeld Bland
- a snare set to catch small wild animals or birds and consisting of a loop attached to a bent twig or branch under tension
- (intr) to set such a snare
- (tr) to catch (small wild animals or birds) with such a snare