- Ruth,1880?–1968, U.S. dancer.
- a suburb of Paris in N France: famous abbey, the burial place of many French kings.
- a seaport in and the capital of Réunion island, in the Indian Ocean.
- an island in the Indian Ocean, E of Madagascar: an overseas department of France. 970 sq. mi. (2512 sq. km). Capital: St. Denis.
- Saint,died a.d. c280, 1st bishop of Paris: patron saint of France.
- the act or process of coming together again
- the state or condition of having been brought together again
- a gathering of relatives, friends, or former associates
- an island in the Indian Ocean, in the Mascarene Islands: an overseas region of France, having been in French possession since 1642. A number of far-flung and uninhabited islands, some located on the opposite side of Madagascar, were also politically part of Réunion until 2007, when they were transferred to the French Southern and Antarctic Territories. Capital: Saint-Denis. Pop: 767 000 (2004 est). Area: 2510 sq km (970 sq miles)
- Maurice (mɔris). 1870–1943, French painter and writer on art. One of the leading Nabis, he defined a picture as "essentially a flat surface covered with colours assembled in a certain order"
- Saint Denis or Saint Denys 3rd century ad, first bishop of Paris; patron saint of France. Feast day: Oct 9
The island of Reunion, formerly known as Bourbon, was renamed during the French Revolution (1793) in commemoration of the 1792 union of revolutionaries from Marseille with the National Guard in Paris, renamed back to Bourbon after 1815, then back to the Revolutionary name after 1848.