- an island in the S Windward Islands, in the SE West Indies: part of the state of St. Vincent and the Grenadines; a member of the former West Indies Associated States. 133 sq. mi. (345 sq. km).
- a former British colony comprising this island and the N Grenadines.
- Cape, the SW tip of Portugal: naval battle 1797.
- Saint,died a.d. 304, Spanish martyr: patron saint of winegrowers.
- a male given name: from a Latin word meaning “conquering.”
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
masc. proper name, from French, shortened from Latin Vincentius, from vincens "conquering," from vincere "to overcome" (see victor). The name of a 3c. martyr, it was introduced in England c.1200.
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper