- the study of the stereoscope and its techniques.
- three-dimensional vision.
Origin of stereoscopy
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019
- the viewing or appearance of objects in or as if in three dimensions
- the study and use of the stereoscope
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- An optical technique by which two images of the same object are blended into one, giving a three-dimensional appearance to the single image.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.