- a stomachic agent or drug.
Origin of stomachic
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for stomachic
They are intended for desserts, and are also useful as a stomachic, to carry in the pocket on journeys, and for gouty stomachs.
Stomachic, carminative, and slightly tonic; one to two ounces.Cattle and Their Diseases
It is a very useful stimulant, tonic, stomachic and carminative.The Medicinal Plants of the Philippines
T. H. Pardo de Tavera
The presumption is, then, that she suffered from some stomachic disorder.Princes and Poisoners
Oil of chamomile is reputed antispasmodic, tonic, and stomachic.Cooley's Practical Receipts, Volume II
- stimulating gastric activity
- of or relating to the stomach
- a stomachic medicine
- An agent that improves appetite and digestion.
- Of or relating to the stomach.
- Beneficial to or stimulating digestion in the stomach.