- any construction, as walls or the like, of stone; stone masonry.
- the techniques, processes, work, or art of dressing, setting, or designing in stone.
- Usually stoneworks. (usually used with a singular verb) a place where stone is dressed, as for building.
Origin of stonework
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- any structure or part of a building made of stone
- the process of dressing or setting stones
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012