- standing timber with reference to its value.
- the value of such timber.
Origin of stumpage
Examples from the Web for stumpage
Historical Examples of stumpage
Just like you forgot signing this lease and stumpage contract!The White Desert
Courtney Ryley Cooper
Your tolls for this, that, and the other figured up about as much as stumpage.King Spruce, A Novel
The sales are of stumpage only; the government does no logging on its own account.
Here's your stumpage at a dollar a thousand, and there's your lumber at twenty!The Rules of the Game
Stewart Edward White
I'll give you a dollar a thousand stumpage for your timber, Bill.The Valley of the Giants
Peter B. Kyne
- US and Canadian standing timber or its value
- US and Canadian the right to fell timber on another person's land
- Canadian a tax or royalty payable on each tree felled, esp on crown land