- (especially in former systems of classification) of or relating to a residual category of African languages including most of the non-Bantu and non-Hamitic languages of northern and central Africa: most now reclassified as part of the Niger-Congo subfamily.
- of or relating to the Sudan or the Sudanese.
Origin of Sudanic
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a group of languages spoken in scattered areas of the Sudan, most of which are now generally assigned to the Chari-Nile branch of the Nilo-Saharan family
- relating to or belonging to this group of languages
- of or relating to the Sudan
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012