- equipped with a supercharger.
- (of a gas or liquid) subjected to pressurization.
- full of energy, emotion, tension, etc.
Origin of supercharged
Origin of supercharge
Examples from the Web for supercharged
Contemporary Examples of supercharged
You could feel the crackle in the supercharged air of a gender whose time had come.Geraldine Ferraro Dies: Memories of Her 1984 Campaign
March 26, 2011
Historical Examples of supercharged
The air was supercharged with reports of treasure, and no reports were too wild for belief; myths, big and little, ran amuck.The Book of the National Parks
Robert Sterling Yard
When dinner was over, the almost electric restlessness that tormented him mounted to supercharged heights.The Lost Wagon
James Arthur Kjelgaard
He had the look of a man whose original rustic stolidity had been supercharged with cockney cunning.
Joan felt that the atmosphere was supercharged with suspense and fatality and possibility—and anything might happen.The Border Legion
These were a few of the salutations discernible among the medley of playful yells, the safety valves of supercharged good-nature.Hopalong Cassidy's Rustler Round-Up
Clarence Edward Mulford
- to increase the air intake pressure of (an internal-combustion engine) with a supercharger; boost
- to charge (the atmosphere, a remark, etc) with an excess amount of (tension, emotion, etc)
- to apply pressure to (a fluid); pressurize