- the quality of being fecund; capacity, especially in female animals, of producing young in great numbers.
- fruitfulness or fertility, as of the earth.
- the capacity of abundant production: fecundity of imagination.
Origin of fecundity
Examples from the Web for superfecundity
Historical Examples of superfecundity
If superfecundity exists, it exists, no doubt, because it is a less evil than some other evil which otherwise would exist.The Miscellaneous Writings and Speeches of Lord Macaulay, Vol. 2 (of 4)
Thomas Babington Macaulay
- fertility; fruitfulness
- intellectual fruitfulness; creativity
Word Origin and History for superfecundity
early 15c., from Latin fecunditatem (nominative fecunditas) "fruitfulness, fertility," from fecundus (see fecund).
- The capacity for producing offspring, especially in abundance.