superior mesenteric plexus
An autonomic plexus that is a continuation or part of the celiac plexus, sends nerves to the intestines, and with the vagus forms the subserous, myenteric, and submucous plexuses.
plexusRead more in this article about some frequently asked questions and fun facts related to our definitions.
8 Quotes From An American MaverickSenator John McCain was the definition of an American hero and these quotes illustrate what it meant to him.
- superior limb,
- superior limbic keratoconjunctivitis,
- superior longitudinal fasciculus,
- superior medullary velum,
- superior mesenteric lymph node,
- superior mesenteric vein,
- superior oblique muscle,
- superior oblique muscle of head,
- superior ophthalmic vein,
- superior orbital fissure
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.