superior oblique muscle
A muscle with origin above the medial margin of the optic canal, with insertion by a tendon passing through the trochlea to the sclera between the superior rectus and lateral rectus muscles, with nerve supply from the trochlear nerve, and whose action directs the pupil of the eye downward and outward.
American muscleRead more in this article about some frequently asked questions and fun facts related to our definitions.
8 Quotes From An American MaverickSenator John McCain was the definition of an American hero and these quotes illustrate what it meant to him.
- superior longitudinal fasciculus,
- superior medullary velum,
- superior mesenteric lymph node,
- superior mesenteric plexus,
- superior mesenteric vein,
- superior oblique muscle of head,
- superior ophthalmic vein,
- superior orbital fissure,
- superior ovary,
- superior petrosal sinus
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.