- being in or belonging to the heaven of divine beings; heavenly, celestial, or divine.
- lofty; of more than earthly or human excellence, powers, etc.
- being on high or in the sky or visible heavens.
Origin of supernal
Related Words for supernalangelic, astral, elevated, empyrean, ethereal, heavenly, lofty, otherworldly, seraphic, empyreal, uplifted
Examples from the Web for supernal
Historical Examples of supernal
Daniel, however, of the captive race, revealed it by supernal influence.Mysticism and its Results
The huge brain was alert now, with a supernal sense of keening.Walls of Acid
She is the Moon nourished by the milk of the Supernal Mother.The Illustrated Key to the Tarot
L. W. de Laurence
He led him to the inn when He joined him to the supernal Church.The Mediaeval Mind (Volume II of II)
Henry Osborn Taylor
The glamour of love invested sky and earth with supernal glory.Life in Dixie during the War
Mary A. H. Gay
- of or from the world of the divine; celestial
- of or emanating from above or from the sky