swell front


noun Furniture.

a horizontally convex front, as of a chest of drawers.

Compare bombé.

Origin of swell front

First recorded in 1855–60
Also called bow front.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019

Examples from the Web for swell front

Historical Examples of swell front