Origin of sylva
- Car·men [kahr-muh n; Romanian kahr-men] /ˈkɑr mən; Romanian ˈkɑr mɛn/, pen name of Elizabeth, queen of Romania.
- the forest trees of a particular area.
- a descriptive flora of forest trees.
Origin of silva
Examples from the Web for sylva
Historical Examples of sylva
He flung open the outer door of the rocket-ship, and Sylva went to him.
Thorn looked up to see Sylva standing by the Watch-plane door.
In any case I exchange food for kisses with der charming Sylva.
The dead slumber in which Sylva was sunk was wholly familiar.
The least of the weapons of the air-fleet would have been a godsend to Thorn and Sylva.
- the trees growing in a particular region
Word Origin for sylva
- a variant spelling of sylva