- the branch of medical science dealing with symptoms.
- the collective symptoms of a patient or disease.
Origin of symptomatology
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for symptomatology
These changes are considered again under the symptomatology of scurvy.
That the pain of gastric ulcer has not always these characteristics has been mentioned under the Symptomatology.
During this period of active anatomical research the symptomatology of gastric cancer was not neglected.
The opposition between these two nosological types is also seen in the rest of their symptomatology.
An excellent example of this interrelationship is the “epidemic” of hemorrhagic scurvy described in the chapter on symptomatology.
- the branch of medicine concerned with the study and classification of the symptoms of disease
Word Origin and History for symptomatology
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- The medical science of symptoms.
- The combined symptoms of a disease.