- synchronization: The picture and the soundtrack were out of sync.
- harmony or harmonious relationship: Management wants to be in sync with the client's wishes.
- to synchronize; harmonize.
Origin of sync
Related Words for syncingconcur, jibe, correspond, harmonize, conform, coincide, accord, square, accompany, concert, acquiesce, tally, equal, eventuate, synchronize, befall, identify, agree, match, sync
Examples from the Web for syncing
Contemporary Examples of syncing
After syncing your cards with the app, your card data is automatically stored them on your personal Coin card.Coin Promises Freedom From A Wallet Full of Cards
Lauren DeLisa Coleman
November 15, 2013
- an informal word for synchronize
- an informal word for synchronizationin sync; out of sync See synchronization
Word Origin and History for syncing
1929, shortened form of synchronization (see synchronize). Originally in reference to soundtracks and pictures in the movies. Sense of "be in agreement, coincide" first recorded 1961 in in sync.