- to make or form a synthesis.
Also synthetize; especially British, syn·the·sise.
Origin of synthesize
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
synthetize, synthesise or synthetise
- to combine or cause to combine into a whole
- (tr) to produce by synthesis
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for synthesization
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper
- To combine so as to form a new, complex product.
- To form or produce by chemical synthesis.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.