- a river in E Africa, in Kenya, flowing SE to the Indian Ocean. 500 miles (800 km) long.
- Lake. Also Tsana. a lake in NW Ethiopia: the source of the Blue Nile. 1100 sq. mi. (2850 sq. km).
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- a small Madagascan lemur, Phaner furcifer
- a large tree shrew, Tupaia tana, of Sumatra and Borneo
C19: from Malay tūpai tana ground squirrel
- Lake Tana or Lake Tsana a lake in NW Ethiopia, on a plateau 1800 m (6000 ft) high: the largest lake of Ethiopia; source of the Blue Nile. Area: 3673 sq km (1418 sq miles)
- a river in E Kenya, rising in the Aberdare Range and flowing in a wide curve east to the Indian Ocean: the longest river in Kenya. Length: 708 km (440 miles)
- a river in NE Norway, flowing generally northeast as part of the border between Norway and Finland to the Arctic Ocean by Tana Fjord. Length: about 320 km (200 miles)Finnish name: Teno