- pertaining to or resembling a tile.
- consisting of or arranged like tiles.
- of or relating to a tegula.
Origin of tegular
1790–1800; < Latin tēgul(a) tile + -ar1
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- of, relating to, or resembling a tile or tiles
- biology overlapping like a series of tilestegular scales
Word Origin for tegular
C18: from Latin tēgula a tile, from tegere to cover
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012