- Sometimes telecommunication. (used with a singular verb) the transmission of information, as words, sounds, or images, usually over great distances, in the form of electromagnetic signals, as by telegraph, telephone, radio, or television.
- Sometimes telecommunication. (used with a singular verb) the science and technology of such communication.
- telecommunication, a message so transmitted.
- of or relating to telecommunications.
Origin of telecommunications
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- (functioning as singular) the science and technology of communications by telephony, radio, television, etc
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012