- comprising ten parts or members.
- ten times as great or as much.
- in tenfold measure: good deeds rewarded tenfold.
Origin of tenfold
Examples from the Web for ten-fold
Historical Examples of ten-fold
It is the doctrine of Malthus applied in most cases with ten-fold force.The Foundations of the Origin of Species
He then seized it himself, and applied it with ten-fold greater force than I had.Twelve Years a Slave
A ten-fold sigh was heaved; and Juffrouw Pieterse was again triumphant.Walter Pieterse
It is at such times that the minutes seem to have ten-fold their real length.The Great Cattle Trail
Edward S. Ellis
If man has reason, it is only to make him ten-fold more a beast.The Life of Benjamin Franklin
Mason Locke Weems
- equal to or having 10 times as many or as mucha tenfold increase in population
- composed of 10 parts
- by or up to 10 times as many or as muchthe population increased tenfold