- a series of four related dramas, operas, novels, etc.
- a group of four dramas, three tragedies and one satyr play, performed consecutively at the festival of Dionysus in ancient Athens.
Origin of tetralogy
Related Words for tetralogytetralogy, tetrad, quaternity, quadrivium, quadruplet, quadruple, quaternion, quaternary, quadrumvirate, quartet, quadrigeminal
Examples from the Web for tetralogy
Historical Examples of tetralogy
This first part of the Tetralogy, which is the prologue, was not divided into acts.
The work of Gringore, just noticed, forms part of such a tetralogy.A Short History of French Literature
The first act of Siegfried is one of the most dramatic in the Tetralogy.Musicians of To-Day
He must be competently instructed in the tetralogy, or first four rules.
He saw what was happening there with regard to matters of art, and that he could not dream of producing his tetralogy.
- a series of four related works, as in drama or opera
- (in ancient Greece) a group of four dramas, the first three tragic and the last satiric
- pathol a group of four symptoms present in one disorder, esp Fallot's tetralogy
Word Origin for tetralogy
- A complex of four symptoms.