- either of two books of the New Testament, I Thessalonians or II Thessalonians, written by Paul. Abbreviation: Thes., Thess.
- of or relating to Thessalonike or its inhabitants.
- a native or inhabitant of Thessalonike.
Origin of Thessalonian
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- (functioning as singular) either of two books of the New Testament (in full The First and Second Epistles of Paul the Apostle to the Thessalonians)
- of or relating to ancient Thessalonica (modern Salonika)
- an inhabitant of ancient Thessalonica
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012