- the position of a fielder on the off side between slip and point.
- the fielder occupying this position.
- the position of a player, first in the line of defense between center and goal.
- the player occupying this position.
man bunRead more in this article about some frequently asked questions and fun facts related to our definitions.
Kool-Aid ManRead more in this article about some frequently asked questions and fun facts related to our definitions.
- third heart sound,
- third house,
- third international,
- third law of motion,
- third law of thermodynamics,
- third man argument,
- third market,
- third mate,
- third molar,
- third occipital nerve
Origin of third man
First recorded in 1870–75
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2019
- a fielding position on the off side near the boundary behind the batsman's wicket
- a fielder in this position
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012