- Saint Thomas à,1118?–70, archbishop of Canterbury: murdered because of his opposition to Henry II's policies toward the church.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- Saint. See (Saint Thomas) Becket
- a clevis forming part of one end of a sheave, used for securing standing lines by means of a thimble
- a short line with a grommet or eye at one end and a knot at the other, used for securing spars or other gear in place
C18: of unknown origin
- Saint Thomas à . 1118–70, English prelate; chancellor (1155–62) to Henry II; archbishop of Canterbury (1162–70): murdered following his opposition to Henry's attempts to control the clergy. Feast day: Dec 29 or July 7
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012