- Ashley Horace,1871–1933, U.S. literary historian and teacher.
- Edward Lee,1874–1949, U.S. psychologist and lexicographer.
- (Everett) Lynn,1882–1965, U.S. historian and scholar (brother of Ashley Horace Thorndike).
- Dame Sybil,1882–1976, English actress.
Examples from the Web for thorndike
Historical Examples of thorndike
Professor Thorndike conjectures that this play was produced in 1606.The Critics Versus Shakspere
Francis A. Smith
"I have been trying to get at you for an age," said Mrs. Thorndike Freeman, laughing.Boston Neighbours In Town and Out
Agnes Blake Poor
"Well, he picked the flowers, anyway," laughed Mr. Thorndike.
At a door a tipstaff laid his hand roughly on the arm of Mr. Thorndike.
Mr. Thorndike stood irresolute, and then sank back into his chair.
- Edward Lee. 1874–1949, US psychologist, who worked on animals and proposed that all learnt behaviour is regulated by rewards and punishments (Thorndike's law or law of effect)
- Dame (Agnes) Sybil . 1882–1976, British actress
- American educational psychologist noted for his study of animal intelligence and for his methods of measuring intelligence.