[thou-zuh ndth, -zuh ntth, -zuh nth]
- a thousandth part, especially of one (1/1000).
- the thousandth member of a series.
- Also thousandth's place. (in decimal notation) the position of the third digit to the right of the decimal point.
Origin of thousandth
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- (usually prenominal)
- being the ordinal number of 1000 in numbering or counting order, position, time, etc
- (as noun)the thousandth in succession
- one of 1000 approximately equal parts of something
- (as modifier)a thousandth part
- one of 1000 equal divisions of a particular scientific quantitymillivolt Related prefix: milli-
- the fraction equal to one divided by 1000 (1/1000)
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper