- practicing thrift or economical management; frugal: a thrifty shopper.
- thriving, prosperous, or successful.
- thriving physically; growing vigorously.
Origin of thrifty
Synonyms for thrifty
Examples from the Web for thriftily
Historical Examples of thriftily
He must produce and must consume with his family, reasonably, decently and thriftily.Creating Capital
Frederick L. Lipman
I tried to lure my landlady out to a movie, but she thriftily refused.Jane Journeys On
Ruth Comfort Mitchell
Thorkell had seen that the remains of these good viands were thriftily gathered up.The Deemster
The mat should have been buried with its owner; but, the family being poor, it was thriftily reserved for a fresh service.In the South Seas
Robert Louis Stevenson
Whenever he stayed home in the evening he went to bed early, and thriftily got ahead in those dismal duties.Babbitt
- showing thrift; economical or frugal
- rare thriving or prospering