- flourished c1500 b.c., Egyptian ruler.
or Thotmes II, Thothmes II, Thutmosis II
- flourished c1495 b.c., Egyptian ruler, son of Thutmose I, half brother of Thutmose III.
or Thotmes III, Thothmes III, Thutmosis III
- flourished c1475 b.c., Egyptian ruler: conqueror of the Middle East.
Examples from the Web for thutmose
Historical Examples of thutmose
Egypt's future was largely marked out by Thutmose I., as later reigns demonstrated.
When the conquests of Thutmose I. established relations with Syria, woods were imported to some extent.
This proved eventually a most extravagant policy for Thutmose to have followed.
- died c. 1500 bc, king of Egypt of the 18th dynasty, who extended his territory in Nubia and Syria and enlarged the Temple of Amon at Karnak
- died c. 1450 bc, king of Egypt of the 18th dynasty, who completed the conquest of Syria and dominated the Middle East. He was also a patron of the arts and a famous athlete