- a tip or gratuity given by a gambler to a dealer or other employee at a casino.
- to provide a toke.
- to give a toke to.
Origin of toke1
- a puff of a marijuana cigarette.
- to light up or puff (a marijuana cigarette).
- to puff a marijuana cigarette (often followed by up).
Origin of toke2
Examples from the Web for toking
Toking up was implied by smoky backgrounds and non sequiturial banter.‘Silicon Valley’ and the Return of Stoner Television
April 10, 2014
They may have to soon, since the survey shows that drivers are toking up and getting behind the wheel.Is Our Drivers Toking?
December 4, 2012
The Volcano is affectionately known as the “Mercedes Benz” of toking up.How Rich People Smoke Pot
February 7, 2010
- a draw on a cannabis cigarette
- (intr) to take a draw on a cannabis cigarette
Word Origin and History for toking
1968, "inhalation of a marijuana cigarette or pipe smoke," U.S. slang, from earlier verb meaning "to smoke a marijuana cigarette" (1952), perhaps from Spanish tocar in sense of "touch, tap, hit" or "get a shave or part." In 19c. the same word in British slang meant "small piece of poor-quality bread," but this probably is not related.