[trans-mahy-gruh nt, tranz-]
- a person or thing that transmigrates.
- a person passing through a country or place on the way to another place in which he or she intends to settle.
- passing from one place or state to another.
Origin of transmigrant
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Related Words for transmigrantalien, colonist, exile, expatriate, fugitive, immigrant, migrant, outcast, pilgrim, refugee, traveler, wanderer, wayfarer, evacuee
Examples from the Web for transmigrant
Historical Examples of transmigrant
She was as the transmigrant soul of some domestic pig, faintly aware of a nobler status in some previous existence.The House by the River
A. P. Herbert
- an emigrant on the way to the country of immigration
- passing through from one place or stage to another
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012