- an exhausting effort, especially walking or working.
- an exhausted or bedraggled person.
- to fatigue; tire; wear out.
- to bedraggle.
Origin of trachle
1540–50; < Dutch dialect tragelen to walk laboriously; compare Dutch traag sluggish
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for trauchle
He did kind o' revive after his dram, an' wi' nae sma' trauchle they got him to his bed.Betty Grier
- work or a task that is tiring, monotonous, and lengthy
- (intr) to walk or work slowly and wearily
C19: of uncertain origin