- an exhausting effort, especially walking or working.
- an exhausted or bedraggled person.
- to fatigue; tire; wear out.
- to bedraggle.
Origin of trachle
1540–50; < Dutch dialect tragelen to walk laboriously; compare Dutch traag sluggish
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for trauchle
Historical Examples of trauchle
He did kind o' revive after his dram, an' wi' nae sma' trauchle they got him to his bed.Betty Grier
- work or a task that is tiring, monotonous, and lengthy
- (intr) to walk or work slowly and wearily
Word Origin for trauchle
C19: of uncertain origin
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012