- government by three persons.
- a set of three joint rulers; a triumvirate.
- a country divided into three governments.
- a group of three countries or districts, each under its own ruler.
Origin of triarchy
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for triarchy
Triarchy, trī′ar-ki, n. government by three persons: a state governed by three persons.
- government by three people; a triumvirate
- a country ruled by three people
- an association of three territories each governed by its own ruler
- any of the three such territories