- the alliance (1882–1915) of Germany, Austria-Hungary, and Italy.
- a league (1717) of France, Great Britain, and the Netherlands against Spain.
- a league (1668) of England, Sweden, and the Netherlands against France.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the secret alliance between Germany, Austria-Hungary, and Italy formed in 1882 and lasting until 1914
- the alliance of France, the Netherlands, and Britain against Spain in 1717
- the alliance of England, Sweden, and the Netherlands against France in 1668
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012