- to promote something or express opinions vociferously.
- a vociferous supporter or promoter, as of a cause.
Origin of tub-thumper
Examples from the Web for tub-thumping
Contemporary Examples of tub-thumping
These day he engages the political world with tub-thumping opinion columns in the Spanish daily El Pais.The Politics of Literature: An interview with Nobel laureate Mario Vargas Llosa
October 10, 2013
Historical Examples of tub-thumping
Here was no tub-thumping soothsayer, but an inspired zealot.Simon the Jester
William J. Locke
"He does not waste his breath in tub-thumping," said one, looking reverently at the sealed figure.First and Last
"I didn't ask you here to listen to me tub-thumping," George began apologetically, when we were alone.Sonia Married
- (of a speech or speaker) noisy, violent, or ranting
- noisy, violent, or ranting public speaking
- a noisy, violent, or ranting public speaker