- pertaining to or exercised by a tutor: tutorial functions or authority.
- a class in which a tutor gives intensive instruction in some subject to an individual student or a small group of students.
- programmed instruction provided to a user at a computer terminal, often concerning the use of a particular software package and built into that package.
- a manual explaining how to use a particular software package or computer system.
Origin of tutorial
Related Words for tutorialacademic, cultural, scholarly, informational, guidance, coaching, tutorial, training, didactic, edifying, educative, enlightening, informative, instructional, instructive, scholastic, education, tutelage, tutorship
Examples from the Web for tutorial
Contemporary Examples of tutorial
He also taught himself Photoshop through a tutorial, and became actively engaged in social networking in order to meet girls.Hunter Moore, Creator of ‘Revenge Porn’ Website Is Anyone Up?, Is the Internet’s Public Enemy No. 1
March 13, 2012
Clinton offered a tutorial in how to sell a legislative package in simple terms.Bill Schools Barack
December 10, 2010
It was enough to make the deliberations now unfolding on Capitol Hill seem like a Miss Manners tutorial.The Ugliest Health-Care Debate
October 6, 2009
Historical Examples of tutorial
But even in Merton the germ of tutorial instruction was present.
Before 1856 the professorial system of teaching had long lain in abeyance, and the tutorial system had prevailed alone.Oxford and Her Colleges
And I understand that he has also taken his place among the regular subjects of the tutorial lectures.Studies on Homer and the Homeric Age, Vol. 1 of 3
W. E. Gladstone
It must, of course, be remembered in extenuation that with all his social and tutorial duties, the don is very hard worked.
In his relation to these older students the grammar master may be regarded as the precursor of the system of tutorial instruction.
- a period of intensive tuition given by a tutor to an individual student or to a small group of students
- of or relating to a tutor