- a member of a Turkish people dominant in Mongolia and eastern Turkestan from the 8th to 12th centuries a.d., and now living mainly in western China.
- the Turkic language of the Uigurs.
- of, relating to, or characteristic of the Uigurs.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for uigur
The inhabitants are called Jogur, the Jugur or Uigur of other authors.
- plural -gur or -gurs a member of a Mongoloid people of NW China, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Kazakhstan
- the language of this people, belonging to the Turkic branch of the Altaic family