- of pertaining to, or derived from circumstances: a circumstantial result.
- of the nature of a circumstance; secondary; incidental: of circumstantial importance.
- dealing with or giving circumstances; detailed; particular: a circumstantial report of a business conference.
- pertaining to conditions of material welfare.
Origin of circumstantial
Synonyms for circumstantial
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for uncircumstantial
Historical Examples of uncircumstantial
Note here two things—the narrator one of the party; the narrative so loose and uncircumstantial.Not Paul, But Jesus
- of or dependent on circumstances
- fully detailed
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for uncircumstantial
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper