[sur-kuh m-stan-shuh l]
- of pertaining to, or derived from circumstances: a circumstantial result.
- of the nature of a circumstance; secondary; incidental: of circumstantial importance.
- dealing with or giving circumstances; detailed; particular: a circumstantial report of a business conference.
- pertaining to conditions of material welfare.
Origin of circumstantial
SynonymsSee more synonyms for circumstantial on Thesaurus.com
3. minute, thorough, exact, precise.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for uncircumstantial
Note here two things—the narrator one of the party; the narrative so loose and uncircumstantial.Not Paul, But Jesus
- of or dependent on circumstances
- fully detailed
Word Origin and History for uncircumstantial
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper