- not engaged in or involved with commerce or trade.
- not in accordance with commercial principles or practices.
- not producing or likely to produce a profit: an artistic but uncommercial film.
Origin of uncommercial
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for uncommercial
I, humble representative of the uncommercial interest, ascend with the rest.
Mormon Agent (not looking about, but looking steadily at Uncommercial).
I will write about my return as soon as I get on with the still unbegun "Uncommercial."The Letters of Charles Dickens
He was by profession a man of letters of an uncommercial kind.Dark Lady of the Sonnets
George Bernard Shaw
The Dumbuck structure, when occupied, adjoined and commanded a ford across the undeepened Clyde of uncommercial times.The Clyde Mystery
- not concerned with commerce or trade
- not in accordance with the aims or principles of business or trade
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012