- large in quantity or number; abundant; plentiful: copious amounts of food.
- having or yielding an abundant supply: a copious larder; a copious harvest.
- exhibiting abundance or fullness, as of thoughts or words.
Origin of copious
SynonymsSee more synonyms for copious on Thesaurus.com
2. See ample.
1. scanty, scarce. 3. meager.
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- abundant; extensive in quantity
- having or providing an abundant supply
- full of words, ideas, etc; profuse
C14: from Latin cōpiōsus well supplied, from cōpia abundance, from ops wealth
Word Origin and History for uncopious
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper