- large in quantity or number; abundant; plentiful: copious amounts of food.
- having or yielding an abundant supply: a copious larder; a copious harvest.
- exhibiting abundance or fullness, as of thoughts or words.
Origin of copious
Synonyms for copious
2. See ample.
Antonyms for copious
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- abundant; extensive in quantity
- having or providing an abundant supply
- full of words, ideas, etc; profuse
Word Origin for copious
C14: from Latin cōpiōsus well supplied, from cōpia abundance, from ops wealth
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Word Origin and History for uncopious
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper