- not carried out or done: many unfulfilled requests.
- not yet achieved: his unfulfilled dreams.
- not happy or satisfied, from not having achieved one’s desires or full potential: I was feeling unfulfilled in my job.
Origin of unfulfilled
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Related Words for unfulfillingdistasteful, discouraging, depressing, unpleasant, mediocre, disheartening, unsatisfying, disconcerting, frustrating, bitter, failing, displeasing, lame, disagreeable, inadequate, ineffective, inferior, insufficient, unhappy, uninteresting
- not completed or achievedunfulfilled ambitions
- not having achieved one's potential or desires
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2010 Douglas Harper