- a person characterized by universalism, as in knowledge, interests, or activities.
- (initial capital letter) a member of a liberal religious denomination advocating Universalism.Compare Unitarian Universalism.
- (initial capital letter) Also U·ni·ver·sal·is·tic. of or relating to Universalism or Universalists.
Origin of universalist
Examples from the Web for universalist
Historical Examples of universalist
The universalist tendency of the religion also fitted it to spread to other lands.History of Religion
The sum was a large one in the then condition of the Universalist body.
Dr. N——, a Universalist minister, got off at Dubuque and bought medicine for me.Old Rail Fence Corners
He was a Universalist, a good man, I think, but not a great preacher.Memoir of Rev. Joseph Badger
Elihu G. Holland
Four came to the altar and were blessed, one of whom had been an avowed Universalist.Birth of a Reformation
- a person who has a wide range of interests, knowledge, activities, etc
- characterized by universality