- any of various offensive plays in which teammates form a protective formation around the ball carrier, pass receiver, shooter, etc.
- any of various defensive plays in which teammates conceal or block an opposing ball carrier, pass receiver, shooter, or the goal, basket, net, etc., itself.
verb (used with object)
- to show (a motion picture), especially to an invited audience, as of exhibitors and critics.
- to photograph with a motion-picture camera; film.
- to adapt (a story, play, etc.) for presentation as a motion picture.
verb (used without object)
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PUNCTUATION QUIZ
Origin of screen
synonym study for screen
OTHER WORDS FROM screen
Words nearby screen
Example sentences from the Web for unscreened
The broad, unscreened windows were wide open and vines of woodbine or honeysuckle framed them on every side.Ladies-In-Waiting|Kate Douglas Wiggin
In vain Young Dick whistled up through the unscreened, open windows.
Just then Jerry started a severe strafe and a much-muddied runner of the 13th Royal Fusiliers appeared in the unscreened doorway.
He felt about, learned it Was unscreened, and boldly entered.
Outside of one of his two unscreened windows there was an iron grating—the topmost landing of a fire escape.Murder at Bridge|Anne Austin