- having functional vision; not blind.
- having a particular type of eyesight or perception (used in combination): sharp-sighted; clear-sighted.
Origin of sighted
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
Examples from the Web for unsighted
Unsighted, un-sī′ted, adj. not seen—earlier Unsight′: not furnished with a sight.
- not sighted
- not having a clear view
- (of a gun) not equipped with a sight
- (of a shot) not aimed by means of a sight
- possessing the ability to see
- (in combination) having sight of a specified kindshort-sighted
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012