- waste(defs 26–28).
- done to no avail; useless: wasted efforts.
- physically or psychologically exhausted; debilitated: to be wasted by a long illness.
- Slang. overcome by the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Archaic. (of time) gone by.
Origin of wasted
Examples from the Web for unwasted
Historical Examples of unwasted
And every effort which they put into it is unwasted and has a telling effect in the result.Haiti
J. Dryden Kuser
There was the positive and unwasted substance—and there too was the seeming spirit.George Cruikshank's Omnibus
The freshness of feeling which keeps the heart young was unwasted to the end.From the Easy Chair, series 2
George William Curtis
Even the preoccupied girl looked on in fascination at a rapidity of unwasted movement suggesting a conjuring feat.The Flying Mercury
Eleanor M. Ingram
No display of military genius could have extorted from Lee his sword so long as his resources were unwasted.A Military Genius
Sarah Ellen Blackwell
- not exploited or taken advantage ofa wasted opportunity
- useless or unprofitablewasted effort
- physically enfeebled and emaciateda thin wasted figure
- slang showing signs of habitual drug abuse