- a condition resulting from the retention in the blood of constituents normally excreted in the urine.
Origin of uremia
Examples from the Web for uraemia
Historical Examples of uraemia
Eclampsia is a very grave complication of pregnancy, and it was formerly supposed to be uraemia.Essays In Pastoral Medicine
Uraemia is a toxic condition, and three varieties of it are recognized—the acute, the chronic and the latent.
Some of these effects are seen in every form of severe kidney disease, and uraemia may occur in any advanced kidney disease.
- pathol the accumulation of waste products, normally excreted in the urine, in the blood: causes severe headaches, vomiting, etcAlso called: azotaemia
Word Origin for uraemia
- the usual US spelling of uraemia
- The accumulation of urinary waste products in the blood.azotemia
- A toxic condition caused by uremia.