- (of a tissue or embryo) to develop or extend blood vessels or other fluid-bearing vessels or ducts; become vascular.
- to supply (an organ or tissue) with blood vessels.
Also especially British, vas·cu·lar·ise.
Origin of vascularize
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- the development of blood vessels in an organ or part
- The formation of blood vessels.
- An abnormal or pathological formation of blood vessels.
- To make or become vascular.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.