- a hormone, as epinephrine, or other agent that raises the blood pressure by causing contraction of the arteriole muscles, narrowing the arteriole passage.
Origin of vasopressor
Dictionary.com Unabridged Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2018
- causing an increase in blood pressure by constricting the arteries
- a substance that has such an effect
Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2012
- Producing constriction of the blood vessels and a consequent rise in blood pressure.
- An agent that causes a rise in blood pressure.
The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.