- a city in and the capital of Tabasco, in E Mexico.
- a state in SE Mexico, on the Gulf of Campeche. 9783 sq. mi. (25,338 sq. km). Capital: Villahermosa.
Examples from the Web for villahermosa
Historical Examples of villahermosa
Villahermosa and Aranda were likewise to be arrested and to be sent to Castile.A History of the Inquisition of Spain; vol. 4
Henry Charles Lea
He was educated at the universities of Huesca and Saragossa, becoming secretary to the duke de Villahermosa in 1585.
- a town in E Mexico, capital of Tabasco state: university (1959). Pop: 583 000 (2005 est)Former name: San Juan Bautista
- trademark a very hot red sauce made from matured capsicums
- a state in SE Mexico, on the Gulf of Campeche: mostly flat and marshy with extensive jungles; hot and humid climate. Capital: Villahermosa. Pop: 1 889 367 (2000). Area: 24 661 sq km (9520 sq miles)
proprietary name of a type of hot sauce, 1876, (the sauce so called from 1650s, originally Tavasco), named for state in Mexico, perhaps because the pepper sauce was first encountered there by U.S. and European travelers. The trademark (by Edward Avery McIlhenny) claims use from c.1870.